I’ve been an inshore Florida Keys fishing guide for many years and I’ve probably been asked every question possible so here is my current list with answers for you and if you want to know something that is not covered, just call or complete our Contact form.
CLICK my inshore Florida Keys fishing guide answers in ‘blue’ below to read more:
1. How do I book a trip? -Call or complete our Contact form
2. Is it OK to just spin fish? Yes, certainly!
3. Do I need to be experienced? Not at all!
4. What will we fish for? We can consider Tarpon, bonefish, permit, snook, trout, redfish and more.
5. How long will we be out? Half day 4 hours / full day 8 hours
6. What should I bring? Six important items.
7. Are you experienced with fly anglers? Yes, it is my specialty.
8. Can I bring my own equipment? Certainly.
9. What size rods should I bring? See recommendations in Tackle
10. What can I expect to catch at different times during the year? Some fish are year round, others have seasons.
12. What are directions to the launch? A very easy drive from Miami and points north or easily up Overseas Highway from points south.
13. How do I recognize you? I’m tall and slim with graying blonde hair-In photo on right and in black Mercury shirt in photo below.
14. What kind of boat do you have? I have two magnificent fishing boats, an 18′ and a 22′
16. What about snacks, lunch and drinks? Bring your own to put in the cooler with ice provided.
17. Do I need a fishing license? No, as you have hired a Captain who is licensed.
18. Do you guide in tournaments? – Yes with many,many awards!
20. Do you need a deposit? Yes – $200 per day.
22. What if I have to cancel? Review our cancellation policy.
23. Am I supposed to tip? Yes, it is much appreciated!
24. Do you have any reviews or testimonials? Yes-including a celebrity video testimonial.
25. Is there a bathroom on the boat? No – but one is usually close by.